Dust

I don't understand,
why it still hurts.
As if the memories,
keep making it worse.

I see your face,
and it makes me tremble,
from a fear that stops my breath.

I wish I knew how to let go and set myself free,
but all people keep telling me,
is to get my act together and see.
"You should just be!"

I think that's easier said than done.
Because you don't see the harm.
It's inside, where it's dark,
and it's breaking my heart.

One day, I just knew,
it was over and through.
I can't believe I got away from you.
We didn't fight or scream,
it was finally reality and not a dream.

Every night since then,
I've worried about trust.
In family, in friends and me,
and it feels like everything turned to dust.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"