Poems are my life

Perseverance

Even if they do not see it
They spew words of hate
Even though they cannot feel it
We hurt inside just the same

Even if there are no one fighting our fight
We stand together strong
Even though there will always be resistance
We will fight back

We have perseverance and stamina
I will always be ready to stand up
Even if I'm standing alone
Because I believe in the fight

- This poem drew inspiration from a blog post by a man I admire very much. He talks about the importance of knowing that even though you think the words you say, are just that - words, you need to realize that these words can still hurt. It's too easy to claim your freedom of speech, you need to make sure that you do not mistreat that privilege.


Stranger on the train

He's standing there,
silently watching the world go by.
I want to reach out,
but my fears hold me back

My friend calls on me,
taking a candid picture.
The man is captured with me,
I wonder what his name is.

We meet strangers all the time.
Feeling connections unspoken.
But we rarely use the opportunity,
to connect

If only the world wasn't so cold,
I would embrace it more.
But changing perspectives,
is hard to do

The journey is far from over.
New things will be discovered.
I just hope I have the guts,
to meet them head on.

My destiny awaits,
I will meet the strangers on my path.
Embrace them with all I have,
and enjoy life.


- This poem is in part inspired by the tv show "One Tree Hill" (where the character Lucas explains in a voiceover that, when you take photographs you can end up having a person in the picture, a stranger, that just might be having a horrible day. Or that they are having the best day in their life. The thought of being "part" of a strangers life intrigues me very much) and in part, a photograph by a man I have come to admire a lot for his humor and integrity.

Both of these poems are views that are close to my heart and I think it's important to remember that dignity and kindness doesn't come with that high of a price.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"