Snippet of truth

Sometimes I find these little amazing statements around the interwebz and I cannot help but think...these moments have to mean something. Therefore, I want to share with you a piece of truth I stumbled across today.

"Sometimes you are the drop that overflows the glass, but it doesn't mean that you filled the entire glass."

Now, I want you to really think about this one. What it means. How it possibly could have affected your life in some way. Have you been the last drop for someone else? Have you felt hatred towards someone that did an indiscretion towards you, but they really did not deserve your anger, because your glass had already been at the brink of overflowing?

I really feel it's a powerful sentence. On both sides of the fence. If a person hurts your feelings, I think it would be a great idea for everyone, that they ponder that anger before releasing it. Asking themselves some crucial questions.

Am I justified?
What will happen if I tell that person how angry I am?
What would happen to our social relationship?
Would it affect others than just the one I am mad at?
Can that person handle my anger?

On the other hand, if you've done something to a friend, co-worker, family member that might seem trivial to you, and that person goes on a rampage - why not try and ask yourself - and them as well - some important questions before you react.

Am I justified?
Has something happened to them in the past that makes them react differently than I would?
Could it be possible that my actions were coming at a very bad time?
Would it affect others than just me?

There are possible even more questions you could use, but I think it is so important to take a breather, survey the situation and make an informed reaction instead of going off on a rampage. I know from my own experience that I've reacted unreasonably more than I care to remember. Do I regret them? Definitely. Will I try harder the next time a situations arises? Sure. Will I fail at times? Of course. But I will do my very best to try and change and grow from the mistakes I do in life.

I guess I'm still learning.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"