Update 1 from the states: Delays, trials and stress.

Okay so first of all I'm really good right now but I was really really stressed about my entire trip to get to Salem, MA. Here you can read what exactly happened.

I had to wake up at 4.30 am and get the last things together in my suitcase. My mom was home and wanted to send me off right so she drove me to the airport. The plane was supposed to leave at 6.25 am and we entered the airport about 30-45 minutes before the plane had to leave so we rushed up to the counter. Apparently because I was flying with Norwegian I had to go to the self-check in counter and get my own boarding pass and then afterwards go to the counter again to get my luggage checked in. After I did that, things went pretty smoothly. My mom brought me over to the gate and I had my bags checked, we said our goodbyes and I went up to my gate to get ready for the first part of my trip to the states. Turns out that there was something wrong with the planes electric things and the plane ended up being three and a half hours late. I was furious. Good thing I had chosen the super early flight or the entire trip could've been in jeopardy. Anyway, I had to go get my bag out of the gate because I had to re-check it. Grrrrrr.

Then I got my bag, rebooked myself on another flight and barely made it into the other gate and on board. But now I was on my way. Mette had taken the train to Copenhagen so she met me in the airport. I passed the time watching a movie and eating the sandwiches my mom made me. They were awesome by the way. When Mette finally got to Copenhagen (she had delays as well because the train she was on suddenly had problems). We waited in Copenhagen till 3.20 pm when we were supposed to board the plane and that went pretty smoothly. We were landing in Iceland. Upon arriving there we got told that our plane to Newark was delayed an hour. More waiting commenced. And we bought extremely expensive (in Icelandic money) food while waiting. Met some cool people too and just relaxed a little. The we could finally board and on the side of our plane it said "Iron Maiden". It was so silly but so cool. The plane trip was okay we didn't have much to do. I saw the movie Limitless with Bradley Cooper and that was about it. But we got put on hold over the Newark airport for about 45 minutes. We were very tired at this point. When arriving in the states we did all the necessary stuff and went to the shuttle busses as we were going to stay at the Ramada Inn in Newark, NJ for the night. It took the bus about 30 minutes to get there and it was raining. Annoying.

Finally at the hotel we crashed hard and woke up at 5.30 am and found out how to get to Boston from where we were. The amtrak train would cost us $137, and that would be a resounding no to at option. Instead we took the train to NY Penn Station and from there we decided to take a MegaBus to Boston which would only cost us about $25. We got to the busstop and it was packed with people. We barely got on it and when we finally did only I got a seat. Mette was thrown off. I was so pissed. How could they treat their customers that way. It was beyond ridiculous. She thankfully got on another bus just 30 minutes later. So even though we weren't traveling together we would both reach our destination. The bus had wifi on board so we got in touch over Skype which I was very thankful for. The trip took us a little over 6 hours. Freaking long time. My bus even got pulled over by the state police because there had been a lot of bus accidents in the area and they were checking our driver to see if he was intoxicated or tired. Grrrrr. I met a guy on the bus who knew about the field trip in Salem and we talked a bit about the field trips and that I'd been to one before.

When we both arrived in Boston we were cutting it close to make it to the Pre field trip dinner so we had to take the expensive option, a cab. We arrived just shy of ten minutes for the dinner to start so we were a bit stressed. But the welcome we got from anyone just melted away all of our troubles. It was like coming home. The dinner ended in a great party in a local bar with an awesome live band. Midnight Goggles. Yay. And then it was time for bed. A great day had ended all our troubles. I am happy.

-So that was a little about our trip here. Next update will be about the field trip itself which started last night and was awesome!

Love + Blessings

Comments

Sejrrige_ulv said…
First of all, I'm too wasted and it's way too late and I can't focus enough to read it all now, so I'm gonna read yo b-log later, T-mizz!

Second of all, you rule, mizzy!

Third of all, I'm gonna reply when I sober up and have something to say...



R-doug!

Ps. Die hard design - I like it like dat! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Day One

Angsty teen