Quiet reflection

There comes a time when you have to consider the choices in your life and if they are the right ones. Sometimes the tough decisions are the ones that will lead you to the right path and the true destination. It's not always something you will have fun choosing but you have to have faith that it's the right path.

I'm at a crossroads, a time in my life where I need to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Choose a career, find a place that I can feel at home. Somewhere I can be myself. With this recent journey I've been on I'm almost certain of what I need to do. Almost ready to take the plunge and get ready for an adventure of a lifetime. Almost ready to do what is necessary, and yet I'm scared. Even though I know for a fact that the decision will give me peace of mind I also know for a fact that it's gonna hurt like hell. If nothing else, it'll make me feel alive.

I walked through the streets of NYC this evening. What a feeling. The sounds, smells and the amazing atmosphere. This country as a whole feels more like home than anywhere else I've been, or lived. We all have our problems and insecurities and in some way this place in some way makes all that okay. I can deal with it.

In closing I've found here in this place, the inspiration I've missed for so long and I'm finally back on track with my writing and poems. I feel happy - and you know what? That's been a while.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Day One

Angsty teen