Just give it time...

Listened to a song today, which I haven't listened to in a frightfully long time. Since it's one of my favorite songs I felt a sense of coming home when I rediscovered it. It is a song by Jon McLaughlin, called "Just give it time".

It's about rediscovering yourself. What you like, what you don't like. What you are all about. Finding your innermost self, and letting it shine again. Because there comes a time where you need to stop worrying about the future, the next day or just the next few minutes. Let it all flow and let yourself go with it. The fact that you really should just trust your instincts and even though some plans might fall through and it makes you feel horrible, remember that it is not the last decision or plan you will make. You have so much life to give and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

It's a good thing to remember, that there is a point to life, and a reason for fighting for the good things. We are capable of good, even though it seems so pointless some times. There are plenty of good people in this world and as long as we have that in mind, what could ever stop us?

All in all this song really reminded me of how far I've come in this world, in my life. How I've changed so much from the timid girl that was always bullied in high school to what I see myself as now. A strong person, that does not take crap from people that I know do not deserve my time. A person who's become much more comfortable with the fact that she loves gaming and is not afraid to talk about it and be proud. A woman that has for the most part shed all her insecurities and embraced the fact that she IS somebody, and that people DO care and love her.

To think that some days this has been my toughest battle. Actually believing that people do care about me, and what I have to say. That I matter to someone and that they will stand up for me when I need them too. Now, that life I led, seems like a bad dream. Like it didn't really happen and I'm happy. Happy that I've moved on and have become that person I knew was inside of me.

I can't thank God enough for the strength he gave me, the purpose he's shown me. All though I don't believe that I have gotten this far in my life with prayers, I know that God has had faith in me, that I could do this on my own. Find myself. And that's what I did. Found myself, in my family, my friends and the people I surround myself with everyday. I see myself in those people, and that's why they mean so much to me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for these peoples faith in me. For that I am forever grateful.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Day One

Angsty teen