The experiment and the reward.

I got a lot of great things from the 21 days of fast from social media. Thing is, because I live where I do, and I am still currently looking for a job, my time off of Facebook and twitter seemed longer because I didn't have anything to fill my day with, in terms of a job or school. Had that been the case it would'nt have felt so crippling and like being cut off from everyone.

Now that I'm back on the social media sites I can honestly say that it feels great. I've caught up on events in my friends lives and contacted a few I haven't heard from in a long time. Plus, the people that live overseas, I have kept up with those friends as well. It's easy and it feels great when you get that little red notification mark on your Facebook and you know that there's something waiting for you to look at. It's a weird thing. I'm sure not everyone cares like I do about that little red number, but I know for some it feels good to see it.

Other than having the time of Facebook and the other social media sites, I realized how many times a day you will be confronted with the word "Facebook". It's everywhere and you can barely go a few hours in your day without seeing it, or hearing about it. And that's just the thing, if you want to stay up to date on current events in your friends lives, you need to have a Facebook. It's the perfect way to connect easily, and even though there are plenty of other social media sites out there, I know that about 70% of my Facebook friends do not have a twitter. So those that don't, they use their Facebook the most. I use my FB or Twitter account almost equally much. In the case of twitter, it's not only my friends that can see what I write on there. Everyone can, in that case I feel it's much more impersonal than FB is. But that's just my opinion.

I've gone through a lot of thoughts about this no FB or social media thing. Bottom line is, if you've tried having it it's difficult to live without it. If you've never had one, I don't recommend getting one, but I won't deter you from it eiter. It really is a great communication tool. All I would really honestly recommend, is to really think about how much you use the site. That's really all it takes. Just, monitor your usage and try and determine if it could be cut down. Other than that, enjoy all the things you can do with these social media sites. Network, be creative and enjoy an insight into your friends lives.

Tip of the day: To cut down on FB time, tell yourself that you can only check it maybe twice a day. In the morning and evening, and do that for a week. After that, you can see how much you really "need" to spend on the site.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"