"Dreamscape"

Wanted to share a really interesting dream I had last night. I just barely heard the final words of the dream and the sentence has been stuck in my head all morning. Without sharing too much of the dream, I will give you an outline of what essentially happened.

***
Standing in the large room, some kind of foyer or hall, I look to the double doors that lead outside. I see someone that I recognize through the windows, and for some reason I turn away. The person is someone I think highly of. I find a table with a friend close by me, we put our bags on top of the table as we wait around for something. I don't know what it is yet, but my thoughts are interrupted by an incoming text message. My friend grabs my phone, looking excitedly at the message it contains.

"He texted you!" my friend exclaims. I honestly have no idea what she's talking about. She shoves my phone in my face and I see the said text. I read it while I mouth the words at the same time. He wants to hang out with me before going in for a meeting. I text back where I am and that he can come and see me.

When he arrives a few moments later, I walk up to him and give him a hug. We start chatting afterwards and reside at the table again. He talks to me about my future plans and that he thinks I have something interesting to offer the world. I wonder what he's talking about. He tells me that he knows I am searching for something more. Some thing other than what I'm currently doing. And that I should go for it when I have the chance. I feel excited. This person I look up to is encouraging me to move forward with my dreams. He compliments me and I feel myself blush.

"What are you getting embarrassed about?" he asks while I hide my face in my hands. He puts an arm around my shoulders, in an encouraging embrace, and he smiles at me. "Just get out there and do what I know you can." I look up at him, thinking what I'd done to deserve him as a mentor.

I look down at my phone, and the last phrase I say is one that is still stuck in my head.

"Time to finish the course, huh?"
***

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"