Angsty teen

I love looking at things I've written a decade ago - am I really getting that old? Then, some times you come across  a poem where you wonder what was going through you at the time. You can't really remember what brought you to that place where the poem came from. To be honest, I remember being an angsty teen and really focused on the bad things that were happening in my life, but still I can't remember who I wrote this about. I honestly always draw from my own experiences in life so this must have meant something to me. For the life of me, I wish I could remember.

I published the following very short poem online in 2003:

---


What can I say,
to make it all better?
What can I do,
to make it last forever?
What can I see,
that you don't in me?

----

I find it funny now, that I could be so completely lost in someone to write such a poem. Yet, I think it comes with the territory of being a teenager. You obsess and worry and wonder why love hasn't come to you yet, when you're so obviously ready for it to come and envelop you. Shucks, those were some interesting days for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"