Walls

Can't you just imagine the look I'd give you if you touched,
that piece where all my darkest moments have been kept in silence.

I wonder what the release would feel like, and if it would explode?
Burst into a million bright coloured sparkles that make you smile.

Even if they are the worst parts of me, releasing them would
give me the courage to smile back at you.

I've seen the way you light up at my grin,
and all I really want is to see that face again.

So, come with me and break into that dark chamber,
forgive my hardest choices and I'll forgive yours.

Because it's not about our past mistakes,
but our future compromises that melts and breaks down any wall.

Mine have been built over the years and the concrete,
seems hardened to the point of being impenetrable.

But I know, I just know, your smile could make them crumble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One

Confused

Angsty teen