Oblivion

There is a mountain between me and the moment.
Even though I am in it, it seems so far away.
It is like an unreal fantasy.
Capturing the time and whisks it away. 
And there’s nothing I can do about the pain that might come.

The incidents are occurring more and more often.
Stealing mindful moments.
Blank slates,
being eaten alive by frustration.

The wonder seems it has lost its power,
over the many impulses of my being.
I don’t see the escape in the future,
nor do I see the magic in the now.

I contemplate, what the point of the human condition is.
Because there is only one thing that I desire,
and it’s the feeling of contentment.
Maybe I will never grasp happiness.
Oh, what’s the point of worrying,
when oblivion is settling in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"