I love it here.

Right now I am in New Orleans. I've been here for about five days, with one of those being a day of only travel. That day sucked so hard - with all the constant traveling. Boarding an airplane, getting of it, waiting in an airport for x number of hours and then rinse and repeat that two more times. The longest flight was 8 hours and 55 frakkin' minutes. I used to be afraid of flying but amazingly enough I didn't get nervous at all. I enjoyed the ride a lot. I got to see the Oscar winning "The Kings Speech". I loved that movie! I don't think that there is a better way to spend a flight than watching movies you are kind of too busy to see otherwise. If there ever was a city that I've fallen in love with instantly, it might just be New Orleans. The diversity and the multicolored and multifaceted city, just invites you in and lets you be a part of its history in a second, no questions asked. You can hang out in the French Quarter and visit the Roue Bourbon and get shitfaced, or you can take a walk to Jackson Square and visit a little piece of park heaven. Flowers in bloom, trees majestically casting shadows on the scattered park benches and birs chirping away. I've felt really safe and relaxed so far on this trip - I do believe that my many ... many Hurricanes had something to do with me being so relaxed. Drinking here in N'Awlins is incredibly inexpensive compared to where I come from, where the prices are almost double what they are here. I think though, that our wages in Denmark keep up with the changing prices on food, gas and drinks. In short I have come to feel like this town is really a place I could enjoy again and again. I will be coming back. That is it for now. I'm going to my hotel room, relaxing before I try to re-conquer downtown NOLA. Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"