"Regrets and mistakes are memories made."

Sometimes we are faced with difficult decisions. Even though what you really want is to give in and say sure, I'll compromise my beliefs. You know inside that even though you might at first get something out of it, the empty feeling will surely follow soon after. Most times you don't even know you've made the right choice until it is over and done with. When you see the aftermath and that you didn't end up doing something that would make it hard for you to look yourself in the mirror. Those choices can be defining. If you choose to compromise yourself you might end up paying for it for the rest of your life.

I realize most people have regrets in their life, I even have some myself. There's a difference though, you can let those regrets fester and overtake you or you can decide to end the selftorturing, and realize in the end it makes you able to not make the same mistake twice. Sadly a lot of people never learn from their mistakes and stay in a vicious circle of endlessly making the same bad life choices.

Today, I decided to end a bad circle myself. I feel lighter already. I know I have to start looking forward again, instead of backwards and I feel good. Life's full of choices everyday and most of them really suck. When you look forward and enjoy the moment instead of looking backwards and regretting the past, or even looking to the future to try and figure out what's in store, you will be a lot happier. Because all we have is today, and this very moment. Everything else is circumstantial. It's time to practice what I preach...

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"