"I Won't Give Up"

In the quest for love, I believe that kindness is the biggest gift you can present to anyone. If for nothing else, just to see that smile reach across their features and it fills you with a sense of calm and gratitude. There is no reason not to be kind, because we have the capacity to impact everyone we come across in a positive way.

Be it with courtesy towards a woman who is struggling with her groceries and you help her carry them or a child longing to belong. I believe that cruel actions are the easiest in the world. It takes a very small person with no sense of compassion to inflict pain on someone else. Every single day I am breathing, I see kids upon kids terrify each other. For whatever reason, we have an abundance of kids who grow up to be afraid of the world around them. I know that the many terrible tales of suicide we hear in the media, are just a fraction of what really goes on out in the world. From my own experience, I know that such a thing did not seem so far fetched. How can this be?

I keep returning to this question in my life - no matter how far I think we have all come there are still so many young people who either get bullied mercilessly into submission and give up on life, or decide to end it all together. It is the saddest thing, and I wish I knew of some universal cure. With the amount of grace we are each instilled with, I cannot fathom why some choose to inflict pain...

I wish I could tell you why there were doing it. I wish I could tell you that one day things like this would not happen. I wish I could tell you that I have found the right way to deal with it, but I have not. All I do know, is that it gets better. If you hang in there, and keep your head held high, you WILL come out on the other side. There is no doubt in my mind, it happened to me.

If you feel like your parents are not taking you seriously, and your classmates treat you with disrespect. Then find someone who will take you seriously, because they are out there. Just waiting for you to come find them and help you through. I have Angels in my life, and they have helped me overcome the deepest scars. It does not mean that the scars will disappear, but you will instead look at them and consider them scratches in your armor and see them fade with time. Do not let them prevent you from living your life to the absolute fullest.

Have faith, in whatever way you choose, because that is entirely up to you. You are amazing, you are beautiful and do not let anyone ever tell you any different.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"