"Into the fray"

Surrounded by a familiar theme of fighting against the current. I seem to be drawn to the everlasting struggle of keeping afloat. In many ways I know why this is. It's His way of telling me to fight back. Grow a backbone. To not let the negativity keep me from the things I want to attain.

Someone told me not too long ago, that when one is on the cusp of something great, negativity will find you in any way it can. Be it friends that are disappointing you, family treating you differently because change is hard to deal with. Or the feeling of inadequacy in any and all things you once felt so confident about. It is a disease that can cripple you and interfere with all of your hopes and dreams. The trick is to look the other way. Forget the naysayers that said you could never amount to anything. The venomous tongues that try to slither their way into your heart and poison your spirit. They will only succeed if you let them...

I used to tell myself that everyone was right. I would never be anything great or amazing and I convinced myself for so long that I was destined to scrape by. Both in terms of friends and loving relationships. This year I'm convinced that if I really needed my friends in any way, they would do everything they could to help me. I feel very blessed to have amazing human beings in my life, and I try my very best to give them the same attention and affection that they bestow on me, because it is so incredibly important to maintain your friendships. Even if you've known each other for many many years. A loving friendship is something that will get you through a tough day. I know my friends have helped shape me to be the person I am today.

So, here we are. Today, now, this second. It's all that matters. What we do with the time we have and the relationships we surround ourselves with. This moment, is what is the most important right now. You can't have this second back when it has passed. So why waste it by being resentful, jealous, angry, hurtful? What will that get you in the end?

I've mentioned this many times before, but it still rings so true for me. "It costs nothing to say something kind." Straight from Nathan Fillion (bless his heart), and I could not agree with him more. Seriously, life is so infinitely short, make the best of it, okay?

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"