Worth

I didn't find an answer to your question. I wish I could give you the truth, if it could spill easily from my soul. But it won't. I don't work that way. The walls of the chambers of my heart are not easily affected. They are tough, hardened, from continual abuse. The walls protect my essence. What there's left of it. I treasure those last pieces and I cannot let them be compromised. I wish I could give you an honest answer.

I hope you will wait for it. I cannot promise it will be quickly, or without work. But I feel confident in saying, that it will be worth it.

Remember when you looked into my eyes last summer and told me you loved me? That moment is in there, held in a special place where the sun shines as it did on that day. You didn't expect anything in return. Patience, something I've always felt I was lacking, has come to me in spades since I met you. I will fight for this.

**fictional piece**

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One

Confused

Angsty teen