Everything

It is the word they mostly use, when they try to explain what life is all about. Everything. What is everything? Why do I not understand this term, as everyone else around me seems to do. Why do I question everything I see, instead of letting it speak to me? Why does everything, seem like it wants me to fail instead of endure? It is all these questions that keep me awake at night. Restless and uncomfortable, I wander through my dreams with no path in front of me. I stumble across the vines that crisscross through my landscapes. Vast and wonderful fields, or narrow forest filled treks. It does not matter which road I take, I end up at the same conclusion. What is everything?

Who decides what everything is? Is there an everything for, every...one? Am I just meant to find my own way, and not what others might think my path should be? I have tried very hard to follow my own hopes and dreams and they have to this day always brought me more joy than following some preconceived idea of what or who I should be. I love the freedom to choose.

So, I guess it does not really matter what everyone else says, my everything, will come to me at some point. I will not force it, or pressure it to appear. When I am ready to embrace it, my everything will be waiting for me. At the end of the road, where only the prettiest of flowers bloom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"