"Feeling Strangely Fine"

I find my inspiration in lyrics and the mood of a song. I let the emotions wash over me till I find a place where I feel creative. I also tend to draw from personal feelings, conveying small moments in time. Places I have struggled to find peace with. In this way I can work through my own unresolved issues, by writing small stories that perhaps resonate in my readers as well.

~ Grace

Broken promises and broken dreams.
Pieces of a broken heart strewn across the floor.
The darkness consuming everything,
knowing that happiness' light is too weak to shine.

Without suffering there can be no compassion,
yet the heart will always feel weaker in pain.
It takes more than a promise,
to mend what is broken.

Even the sun feels bleak,
and the wind feels unrelenting.
When is the right time to get back on track,
and where do you find the strength?

The memories of piercing lies,
waltz back into the mind.
Nothing can wash away sins past,
yet the heart can be mended.

No it does not come easy,
no it does not come fast,
but the feat is possible,
and takes but a moment of grace.

~ Kindred spirits

She stands on the edge of the shore,
enjoying her reflection in the lake.
She has captured elusive happiness,
and it reflects in everything she does.
How the wind flows through her hair,
the sun bouncing off her smile.
Her heart is beating out of her chest,
and laughter ripples through the shiny surface.

As she turns her back to the water,
she feels a gust of wind blow through her,
taking her breath away.
He is standing behind her,
a smile placed on his gentle face.
Eyes full of love and warm embraces.
Oh how the heavens have blessed her,
with a kindred soul.

*******
Copyright: Tinne Ringgren Larsen (2011)

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"