"What about now?"

"Shadows fill an empty heart,
as love is fading.
From all the things that we are,
but are not saying.
Can we see beyond the scars,
and make it to the dawn?"

~ Chris Daughtry

Have we really lost our humanity? So much so, that we would walk past a person that clearly needs help. If we see a person on the ground and they looks like he/she passed out, was scared or sad, can we really not find it in ourselves to help? Are we afraid to let other people know that we have compassion? I really can't understand what the problem is. It doesn't take much to grab your phone and call for an ambulance, check if the person is breathing and have a pulse, or ask if they want you to call someone. It's not a shame to want to help others, in fact it's one of the most important human interactions. Being there for your fellow man, why is that so hard to understand?

My brother once called an ambulance for one of his friends who had heart palpatations and she was extremely scared. He probably saved her life with his quick thinking. I have immense respect for the men and women that drive ambulances and help people that are in danger. That selfless act takes passion for human life, but understanding why they do it apparently isn't everyday business.

I recently encountered while out clubbing a young man sitting against a wall and looked sad. I spoke about it on my Facebook and how I asked him if he needed help or if I should call anyone and he thanked me a lot for doing that. Even though he didn't want any help, it felt amazing to do it and I really hope this kid pays it forward if he ever sees someone that might need help.

Being kind doesn't cost anything and I wish more people would wake up to this fact. I'm sure a lot of people went by him without asking if he needed anything. I base this solely on the fact that when I told him to be safe, a tear fell down his cheek and he said thank you again. I will never turn a blind eye for someone visibly in trouble or distressed. I will do my best to help my fellow men and women when I have the opportunity. I am not, and will never be indifferent!

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"