Blessed

All the anxiety disappears as quickly as it appeared.
The twist around my head starts loosening its grip.

The breathing starts to calm down,
this is just life, it is not a fight or flight moment.

The nervousness flows out through my steady breaths.
The feeling that lingers is only peace.

Knowing that God has my heart accounted for,
and His peace is everlasting.

He guides and protects me on my journey,
and He lingers in every choice that I make.

Good or bad, He does not condemn,
for it is his eternal Grace that has put us here.

To embrace and give light,
that is my purpose.

In whatever medium I choose to express it,
there it will bring the most change.

No matter what my past has been,
there is a way to release the pain of it.

It can help define us, but it shall not be our essence.
We are more than our mistakes.

And even more important, we are not only our victories.
There is so much more than winners and losers.

The glory is not the hunt for perfection,
it is the knowledge we will never be perfect.

It is the satisfaction in knowing,
that we will always strive for better.

Because in that, I know I can always change,
grow and evolve in to the person He has created me to be.

Other people will not define who I am,
and they will not take away my light.

The enemy will not be able to crack this shield.
He will not bring me down because I am fierce.

A warrior that brandishes a sword of kindness.
A candle that burns even in the darkest of corners.

In that I remain anchored and blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Day One

Angsty teen