Entourage - everything ends

Where to begin...

Entourage has been a part of my life for a long time now. Something I've laughed with, cried with and been insanely pissed off with. Everytime a new episode rolled through I would be giddy for the anticipation of what they were up to now. How Drama would get himself into trouble. E would embarass himself with being overly sensitive. Turtle trying every which way to use Vince's fame to get laid. Ari and what kind of expletives he would use this week, and of course Vince. How he would go from high to low constantly but his friends stayed by his side. It was camaraderie and frienship that is hard to come by. Even though that in the grander scheme, their daily troubles seemed trite and unimportant, in the end all their adventures made me care for them, without even knowing it. Sneaky bastards.

There are only a few tv shows out there that have made me care this much about the characters, and not many that did it so sneakily. It was never about big emotions and amazing mind-blowing adventures. It was about the heart in a true friendship, despite the ups and downs that we all have to face. The show's called Entourage, a gathering of people following a more or less important person. The real accomplishment was making each person in the group be more than just followers, more than an Entourage. It was a band of brothers. And it was beautiful. No matter what happened, drug addictions, bad career choices, a flurry of bimbos, they all stayed together and helped each other cope with whatever was happening.

If there ever was a time where I remember being really emotional over a tv show, this last episode in the entire series really brought out the tears. I expected to be moved by it and in some way I also worried that they wouldn't be able to live up to the expectations I had. They came through. I loved how they tied things up, but also leaving room for something... Something I can only explain as life taking its course. The writers did a great job and I will forever love this show. So without spoiling anything, anyone that's followed this show from the beginning, I bet cannot help feeling moved by this. Friends - till the end.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"