Strength.

I don't know why, but sometimes I just love sitting down somewhere and look at the people passing by me. Sitting in my own world, listening to music that takes me away. Making me feel things and ponder about life and it's many wondrous experiences. You see people go by and wonder how they're feeling. If they are happy or maybe if they feel incomplete. What their life story is and what they're going to do that day. It reminds me of something I've always been fascinated by. When taking a picture, there's no telling who you might capture with you. Someone you don't know, a stranger, that forever is captured in a picture with you. It's a strange thing. You don't know them, but there they are. In a picture - like a statue. You will most likely never find out what their name is or what they do for a living. If they have kids or recently single. There are so many possibilities and there is no way to figure out what the right one is.

We so rarely try to reach out to a stranger. We have a fear that is so irrational when you really think about it. Like with most things in life, we are afraid of rejection and failure. So why should we venture out and connect with someone we don't know? There's no point right? That's where I disagree. Most of my life I was afraid to stand out, to be someone different than everyone else. Afraid of trying to own up to who I really am. But I don't feel like that anymore. Of course I don't go up to a person on the street and ask them out for a cup of coffee, but I also don't keep to myself and my circle of friends. The recent trips I've taken to the states have forced me out of my comfort zone. Connecting with people, regardless of how scared I might've felt. And I cannot in words explain how much that has given me. Getting to know people and connecting with a part of their life story. Somehow I found, a way to get lost in the friendships. Letting myself go and share what makes me, well, me.

I'm so grateful for the people I have gotten to know over the past few months. Enjoying life by making meaningful relationships. We should be better at getting out there and finding new views on life, only then can we truly make a qualified decision about the world around us. For me, the world is not black and white. It's all the colors of the rainbow. We still even have problems with gay, lesbian and bisexual teens being bullied to the point where they want to take their own life! When did it become okay to hurt people just for the hell of it? And when did it become okay to say that some people are not allowed to be who they are just because of their sexual orientation? Isn't this problem just as bad as the racial dilemma? What's the diffence really! I get so mad inside when I hear about teens that feel so disconnected from the world. How can people be so inconsiderate?

A part of me really wants to work with discrimination someday. Try to change people's opinions and let them see that there's no sexual orientation, gender, age or race that is not human. We are all humans and we are all we've got in this world. Stop being so goddamn mean and narrow-minded. Think if it was your kid, your blood that took its life because of what someone told them. It's a dangerous world and it's tough. But there are people that want to spread happiness and joy instead of pain. And I'm one of them. Let it be known that I embrace everyone and that God does too. He made us after all. How could he make something that he would hate? Yeah makes no sense. Take care out there, and be strong. Remember that God loves you and you are perfect as you are.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"