Memories

It's funny how you can miss a feeling that you once had, and how you can recall everything just by thinking of a certain moment when that feeling occured.

I was driving home from a party a few nights ago and passed a road I've been on so many times. When I looked at the street sign, all of these memories flooded my mind. They were good memories, but of a time long past. I don't miss the circumstances I was in, but I miss the feeling they gave me. A feeling of belonging somewhere and knowing that I was safe. Having somewhere to hang my hat (so to speak) a place that was my home and that was full of love and happiness. It was weird when thinking back on that time. I've changed and seen so much since then. I'm not the same person, so if I could go back and have that feeling again, I don't think it would bring me much pleasure, now that I'm a different person. I still want to feel that sense of belonging and I do have hope that I'll find it. It just takes patience. And I've certainly come to realize that I do have that in abundance.

I'm a big fan of the tv-show One Tree Hill and it's really given me some great moments of tv. One episode in particular where the character Lucas has a heart attack and experiences some kind of spirit guide dream. He asks his uncle (who acts as his guide) what the point of being a good person is, because bad things kept happening to these good people, his family and friends. His uncle then shows him how life in Tree Hill would be if he wasn't there, or didn't care about the people around him. He realizes that even though the things he's accomplished and done for his friends seem so minuscule, it changes them. For the better. Good things do happen to good people. And you should never stop being a good person because you feel it doesn't help. I had a situation once where I felt used by some people in my life and even though I never expect anything in return for the good things I do for others, I do hope that when someday I need people by my side, they will come. I would rather spend my life spreading happiness then trying to be mean or disregard other people's feelings, but I also need to come to terms with the simple fact that there are people out there who will test your patience. And you need to keep your calm and have faith that whatever you deserve will come to you in some shape or form.

In Louisiana I had a psychic reading and he told me something quite life changing. I shouldn't always give into my "I want this now" feeling. Sometimes you will be rewarded by waiting and knowing that you can't afford it right this second, but later you will get something equally good or even better. I try to live by that, might even benefit some of you who read this.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"