Hope



The above video is an explanation of my poem for the day.

"Poem for a feeling."

If it weren’t for the chill outside,
I would be lying on the beach.
Staring at the night sky and wondering why I’m here.
Holding on to that sliver of hope,
As a shooting star would pass before my eyes.

Breathless I sit here at my window
Thinking about the waters crashing around me,
Sounds being interrupted by my sighs,
And the overwhelming fight
That even at this hour knows no resolve.

The wind blows against my window.
I close my eyes and think of a perfect summer,
Trying to recollect my happiness and faith
Where nothing seemed out of reach,
And the edge seemed farther away.

I’m not lonely, not even unhappy.
But sometimes I feel so tired.
Of the world and people in it
That seem to enjoy to hurt
Instead of heal.

I have my own agenda,
I want to spread the word of togetherness
Instead of making the distance between us bigger.
Even though I might not get through,
I’ll always have hope.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"