Day 4 - Facebook dreams have been had...

Had the most annoying dream last night about checking my Facebook. There were like 48 messages in my inbox and I was scared to check it if something bad had happened to a friend of mine and people were trying to get hold of me. So it was like an extremely stressful dream and I can't remember much past that I felt stressed and someone had tried to contact me. When I woke up I was like, really depressed in some way. Honestly I felt like if I tried to look at my facebook there wouldn't be anyone contacting me or asking where I am. It's like facebook has become this place you NEED to be if you want to still have friends.

It sounds so silly, but I felt out of the loop and that made me very frustrated. I think when these 21 days are over I'll have to monitor my Facebook usage. I would have to check it maybe once or twice a day, but no more than that. Not even to see if someone has responded to a message on there, because that would be cured by turning on email notifications. That's the healthiest way to use Facebook, I've realized. I'm gonna have to put up a special folder in my inbox where Facebook notifications would be sent to. That way I can keep the usage of the site down to a minimum. I really think it's unhealthy to spend as much time on it as I used to do. It interfered with a lot of things. Social interactions could be done entirely on the Internet via the site, and it's better to get face to face contact with your friends. Even just, calling or texting them regularly...

On another note I wrote a poem today, it sort of started out in my head, but it's taken form now. So yeah, here it is is...

Standing on the edge of darkness.
Feeling the cold engulf my thoughts,
I look towards the heavens,
and pray for an answer.

Like being at a crossroad,
wondering which fork in the road to follow.
Yet the fear of choosing wrong,
stops my legs from moving.

My heart beats faster.
Breath in my throat is stuck.
I fear fainting,
because of the choice before me.

There's not much to it,
in the end it's just life.
If you don't live and appreciate,
You'll miss out on the message of your journey.

[Copyright: Tinne Ringgren Larsen]

I don't know why I thought of it. But I feel I'm facing a really difficult decision in my life, that hasn't appeared to me yet, but I have the feeling that it will soon enough. And I'm seriously scared about it. I guess I'll have to take it one day at a time. And I will. Day 4... You weren't the worst, but you definitely wasn't the best either. Goodnight world.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"