Day 6 - All aboard?!

Wondering when I'll feel completely lost behind a wagon, regarding Facebook and such. So far I notice how many times a day people throw around the word "Facebook" or my brother who mentions Reddit a couple of times a day. It kinda sucks that he and I used to laugh about something we'd both seen on Reddit. But now that I'm taking this break I can't seem to keep up with all the awesome things on there anymore. I now live vicariously through what he tells me is happening on the site. Ridiculous, no? I believe so.

I remember in 2007, I was sitting in class at the uni and doing boring stuff... Not really paying attention to the teacher or what was being talked about in general. A great friend of mine had sent me a link to this new site called "Facebook". I had no idea what it was and didn't really understand the point of the site. My friend Kim just said I would get addicted to it. By the time I got it, it was widely known in the states, but I don't think many in Denmark knew what it was. I remember when I signed up I tried to find people I knew in Denmark or just in general search for people from Denmark. But there wasn't really many at that time... If any at all, I can honestly not remember it.

Anyway, I started poking around on the site, was friends with Kim who sent me the link, and I think that was about it. So I started talking to my friends about the site and that they should totally get an account as well. Before I knew it, old high school friends were adding me on the site. I haven't kept many of them this day, but those I still have, I consider worth knowing. It's no surprise to anyone who knows me or who's read my blog, that I don't care much for the people I went to high school with. A bunch of insecure bullies, most of them were. I'm beyond that now...

Now I see Facebook as a shield. Although there are people you can't see whenever you want and Facebook will be your only way of communication with them, the friends you can see whenever you want might end up forgetting that there's real social interactions necessary to be friends. I don't know, I just feel like Facebook can be a hindrance in some way. Stops you from going out and being social. I might just be overreacting a bit, but I've come to realize myself that I have an unhealthy relation with Facebook. And it needs to change.

Today, my youngest brother came home and we've all hung out together. Since he's off from uni until the first of February he'll stay here for the most part which I think is great. Good to have all of us under the same roof. And we've had a lot of fun this evening, eating good food and watching movies. As we do, nerdy family that we are.

I rounded the 30 hour mark on Skyward Sword today. Either I spend a hell of a lot time on side quests or this game is really pack full of adventure goodness. I'm not even tired at all of playing it. It's an awesome fantastic game! Truly. But I digress. I need to do a bit of reading before I pop off to bed. Be safe out there.

Love + Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confused

Angsty teen

"Dancin' Away With My Heart"